What to host a panel or workshop at WasabiCon this year? SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT!
As a consumer focused media show, WasabiCon grants a limited number of Press Passes for the purpose of covering and reviewing our convention. If you are interested in attending the event as press, please take the time to read the following expectations and information – then submit the form below. If you have a specific question that isn’t covered here, please email email@example.com.
1. Press Passes give the same access as a standard weekend admission ticket. They do NOT grant the wearer special privileges to convention guests or events. We want reports of our convention to be from a “fan perspective.”
2. Arrangements to interview any of WasabiCon’s guests must be made directly with the guest/guest’s representation in advance and cannot take place during scheduled appearances/panels/signings. We can put you in touch upon press credential approval.
3. Print publications (such as newspapers and magazines) are asked to include a website featuring their media for reference.
4. Blogs and website only based media outlets must meet the following criteria:
- Your site must be online and active since before January 1, 2018 with material on your site to support this.
- Your site must have a domain of its own. (i.e. http://EXAMPLE.wordpress.com or http://EXAMPLE.blogspot.com are not acceptable. but http://www.EXAMPLE.com is.)
- Your site must be ranked (according to Alexa.com) higher than Tom Croom’s blog at: www.tomcroom.com. (If more people are reading his crappy rantings about random nonsense than news and reviews on your website, then odds are that you need to step up your game.)
5. Podcasts (audio and video) must all meet the requirements of Blogs/Websites (#4) along with the following:
- Your podcast must have at least twelve (12) complete episodes that have been posted before June 30, 2018.
- Understand that WasabiCon will not provide you any technical equipment or access to the Internet for your podcast. You’re on your own.
6. Approved media outlets are granted two (2) Press Passes. No exceptions. Any additional members of your media team will need to purchase admission to the show.
7. Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc. reserves the right to refuse (and revoke) Press Passes for any reason at any time.
8. Submission of the press pass request form on this page does not guarantee Press Passes. All approved press will receive an email confirmation before the show. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks of the show, feel free to follow up via firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Please submit the Press Pass Request Form without any obvious grammar and spelling mistakes as this will (very likely) result in your application being denied. FYI.
Artists and creators of original content are an important part of the fan convention experience and each year we’ve celebrated this fact by offering discounted space for local talent to sell their commissions, prints, and other handcrafted goods. So THANK YOU for your interest in being a part of that! Please take a moment to read the 2019 ARTIST APPLICATION FORM completely before filling out and submitting your information.
Each ARTIST TABLE includes the following:
- One (1) table in the Artist Alley area (6’ or 8’ – based on availability)
- Two (2) chairs
- One (1) weekend pass to the convention labeled “Artist”
Artist space IS LIMITED – so submit your application early!
Artist Alley tables for WasabiCon 2019 are $125.
If you have questions about anything on this form, please call us at (407) 536-9272 or email Art@WasabiCon.com.
Download the 2019 ARTIST APPLICATION FORM