- October 9, 2018: PRESS RELEASE: WasabiCon returns for YEAR SEVEN in Jacksonville, Florida!
- October 9, 2017: PRESS RELEASE: WasabiCon returns for Year Six in Jacksonville, Florida
- October 1, 2016: PRESS RELEASE: WasabiCon 2016 is almost here!
- October 27: 2015: PRESS RELEASE: WasabiCon 2015 will host a wedding, Halloween costume contest, & over 100 hours of programming!
- October 9, 2015: PRESS RELEASE: WasabiCon, Jacksonville’s Favorite “Comic Con” Experience, Returns for Year Four!
- October 29, 2013: PRESS RELEASE: WasabiCon 2013 in Jacksonville, Florida
As a consumer focused media show, WasabiCon grants a limited number of Press Passes for the purpose of covering and reviewing our convention. If you are interested in attending the event as press, please take the time to read the following expectations and information – then submit the form below. If you have a specific question that isn’t covered here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Press Passes give the same access as a standard weekend admission ticket. They do NOT grant the wearer special privileges to convention guests or events. (We want reports of our convention to be from a “fan perspective.”)
2. Arrangements to interview any of WasabiCon’s guests must be made directly with the guest/guest’s representation in advance and cannot take place during scheduled appearances/panels/signings. We can put you in touch upon press credential approval.
3. Print publications (such as newspapers and magazines) are asked to include a website featuring their media for reference.
4. Blogs and website only based media outlets must meet the following criteria:
- Your site must be online and active since before January 1, 2017 with material on your site to support this.
- Your site must have a domain of its own. (i.e. http://EXAMPLE.wordpress.com or http://EXAMPLE.blogspot.com are not acceptable. but http://www.EXAMPLE.com is.)
- Your site must be ranked (according to Alexa.com) higher than Tom Croom’s blog at: www.tomcroom.com. (If more people are reading his crappy rantings about random nonsense than news and reviews on your website, then odds are that you need to step up your game.)
5. Podcasts (audio and video) must all meet the requirements of Blogs/Websites (#4) along with the following:
- Your podcast must have at least twelve (12) complete episodes that have been posted before June 30, 2017.
- Understand that WasabiCon will not provide you any technical equipment or access to the Internet for your podcast. You’re on your own.
6. Approved media outlets are granted two (2) Press Passes. No exceptions. Any additional members of your media team will need to purchase admission to the show.
7. Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc. reserves the right to refuse (and revoke) Press Passes for any reason at any time.
8. Submission of the press pass request form on this page does not guarantee Press Passes. All approved press will receive an email confirmation before the show. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks of the show, feel free to follow up via email@example.com.
9. Please submit a form without any obvious grammar and spelling mistakes as this will (very likely) result in your application being denied. FYI.