1. Use common sense.
2. Things that can and will almost certainly get you removed from the convention:
– Signs that say “Free Hugs” or any similar signs that solicit tactile physical interaction implied or otherwise OR panhandling. This includes (but is not limited to) “Will Yaoi for Money,” “Kisses for $1,” “Glomp me,” etc.
– Laser pointers pointed at other humans and/or panels and presentations.
– Use of projectiles such as water guns, silly string, etc.
– Use of rollerblades, skates, skateboards, or any other inappropriate wheeled form of transportation in the hotel, convention center, or parking lot.
3. Harassment of any kind, including (but not limited to) physical assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, bullying, stalking, or unwelcome physical attentions WILL NOT be tolerated. If attendees (or anyone at the event for that matter) tell you “no” or ask you to leave them alone then your business with them is concluded. If you choose to further attempt contact with these individuals then your badge into the event may be revoked by WasabiCon (without a refund.) WasabiCon and Green Mustard Entertainment are not responsible for solving any interpersonal problems that may arise between individual event attendees. In general, Green Mustard Entertainment cannot take any action to prevent a person from attending the convention unless he/she has made a specific and credible threat toward the convention itself or if another individual can produce a legal restraining order.
4. Treat the event facilities with respect. Damage in any way, shape or form to property in the event’s convention, hotel, or parking lot will not be tolerated.
5. Shower/bathe regularly and practice regular personal hygiene.
6. Cosplay and dress appropriately. Refrain from wearing costumes and clothing that would not be considered appropriate in public.
7. Watch your own stuff. Green Mustard Entertainment’s staff,WasabiCon’s staff, and the hotel/convention center’s staff are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Do not bring your bag/purse/satchel/etc. to an event (such as a dance) and expect to be allowed to leave it with a staff member or under a table. (Please see Rule #1.)
8. Please keep hallways and entryways clear at all times. Take photographs of costumes and talk with your friends in appropriate areas.
9. We have a WEAPONS POLICY. We suggest you read it on our Policies (www.WasabiCon.com/Policies#disclaimer) page.
10. Your paid admission/membership is a limited, revocable license to attend WasabiCon, which may be revoked or revised at any time at the sole discretion of Green Mustard Entertainment. All badge holders and licenses granted thereto are subject to the rules and regulations of WasabiCon.
11.WasabiCon may apply additional fees and limitations for certain activities.
12. A badge may be revoked and a badge holder ejected from the convention for disorderly conduct, a violation of the law or rules, or at the sole discretion of a CONVENTION official.
13. The badge holder acknowledges that by appearing at WasabiCon he or she may be recorded (by video, sound, or otherwise) and consents to such recording and its publishing and re-broadcasting.
By accepting admission/membership to WasabiCon, the badge holder, in accepting a badge: (i) releases Green Mustard Entertainment from any liability for loss or damage to persons or property, infringement of any right, or any other claim or cause of action of any kind; (ii) authorizes and permits Green Mustard Entertainment and its designees to use for any and all purposes his or her name, voice, and likeness and all reproduction thereof in any and all forms and in all media now or hereafter known in perpetuity; (iii) understands they are prevented from taking, recording, or creating film, or digital pictures, videos, tapes, sound recordings, or any other visual or auditory recreation of any kind whatsoever, of any WasabiCon guest, member, volunteer, or employee, or of any WasabiCon event, including but not limited to cosplay, contests, seminar, session, dance, or performance, for any commercial use, or for the solicitation of funds for any commercial or other purpose, without the express written permission of Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc.; (iv) agrees to comply with all WasabiCon rules and regulations.
14. Your paid admission/membership is non-refundable/non-transferable and will not be replaced (so don’t lose it!) For additional information, please contact us at (407) 546-9272, email@example.com or through the web at www.greenmustard.com.
15. The rules and regulations of the convention center and event hotel AND all local laws are in full effect during the event.
16. Costuming is not consent. Many of our female attendees may be dressed in a revealing fashion like their favorite comic book, video game, or pop culture character. This does not grant you carte blanche to act inappropriately towards them.
17. When in doubt, please refer to Rule #1.
Please read this page entirely before purchasing your tickets.
By submitting the online form with payment the purchaser and/or ticket/membership holder acknowledges and agrees to the following:
– A valid photo ID is required to pick up all pre-ordered tickets. The name on the ticket must match the name on the photo ID. NO EXCEPTIONS. Any person under the age of eighteen (18) without a photo ID must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and may use their ID to pick up their ticket. Unaccompanied minors will not be allowed to pick up tickets without a photo ID.
– CHILDREN ages three (3) and under can get into WasabiCon free of charge. That said, if your child looks older please be prepared to have some sort of age documentation on hand just in case (copy of a birth certificate, etc.) We just want to avoid any confusion.
– Each attendee is responsible for ANY AND ALL damages he/she causes to the convention center/hotel/event property.
– Each attendee recognizes that WasabiCon and Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc. are NOT responsible for his/her lost, stolen, or damaged property.
– Each attendee understands that his/her WasabiCon ticket/membership is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE for any reason.
– Each attendee understands that if he/she violates convention center/hotel/event property rules, it could result in revocation of his/her WasabiCon ticket/membership WITHOUT A REFUND. In addition, violation of any laws and ordinances are handed over to local authorities.
– Each attendee understands his/her badge must be worn in plain sight and is required to enter all convention activities and that WasabiCon is NOT responsible for lost badges. If you lose it you *will* be asked to purchase a replacement to regain access to event areas. Weekend badges are printed with your name on them, though, so be sure to check lost in found at the hotel and event registration.
-Each attendee understands that WasabiCon is NOT a babysitting service and that all unaccompanied minors and actions by those minors are still the responsibility of the minor’s parent(s) or guardian(s).
-Each attendee understands that he/she, his/her child(ren) or ward, or on the behalf of the aforementioned waive any claims against and release Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc., its officers, agents, volunteers, and sponsors from all liability for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of any discipline imposed for failure to behave accordingly, and on account of any injury, including death and property damage, whether caused by accident, negligence or otherwise.
Regarding Refunds/Transfers – Green Mustard Entertainment, like other companies that run fan conventions, calculates event budgets and creates scheduled entertainment based on advance ticket sales. As a result, we cannot (under any circumstance) offer refunds once a ticket has been purchased. Thanks in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
If you are purchasing a ticket for your child under the age of 18, you must be present with him/her at the event to pick up and/or purchase a ticket. You signature is required on the on-site registration form.
WasabiCon understands that props and replicas are very often an important part of costumes, cosplay, and our attendees’ overall convention experience. That said, we do have certain guidelines that we ask you to adhere to in order to make our event a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
Attendees are asked not carry any working weapon, openly or concealed, at any time at or around the event hotel and/or convention center including all parking areas. Working weapons include (but are not limited to) firearms and ammunition of any kind: air-soft weapons, arrows, axes, BB guns, blow guns, bows, brass knuckles, cap guns, chains, clubs, daggers, explosives, hand guns, hatchets, katanas, knives, mace, martial arts weapons, nunchaku, paintball guns, pellet guns, pepper spray, pole arms, rifles, shotguns, staffs, switchblades, swords, sword canes, and tazers.
Any weapons, whether real or replica, purchased in the vendors room and/or artists alley must be kept wrapped and then immediately removed from event space following purchase.
Laser pointers or similar devices may not be used in public unless you are hosting a scheduled panel or event.
Any and all prop weapons and replicas being used as part of a costume must be submitted to WasabiCon registration for review. If approved, said costume element will be peace bonded by management. APPROVAL OF PROP WEAPONS AND REPLICAS IS PURELY AT THE DISCRETION OF EVENT MANAGEMENT, LOCATION MANAGEMENT, AND LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES ON SITE. We will do our best to make our determinations based on the safety of our attendees without impacting the integrity of your costume, but all decisions are final.
Approval of prop weapons and replicas can be revoked at any time for any reason including, but not limited to, the item being brandished/displayed inappropriately or complaints from attendees/guests/staff/vendors.
Violation of this weapons policy is not only grounds for being ejected from the convention, but also being banned from all future Green Mustard Entertainment events.
Thank you for helping us build an entertaining and safe convention experience for all our attendees!
Back of the Badge / Secondary Disclaimer
Your badge or wristband (henceforth “badge”) is a limited, revocable license to attend WasabiCon, which may be revoked or revised at any time at the sole discretion of Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc. All badge holders and licenses granted thereto are subject to the rules and regulations of WasabiCon. WasabiCon may apply additional fees and limitations for certain activities. A badge may be revoked and a badge holder ejected from the convention for disorderly conduct, a violation of the law or rules, or at the sole discretion of an WasabiCon official. The badge holder acknowledges that by appearing at WasabiCon he or she may be recorded (by video, sound, or otherwise) and consents to such recording and its publishing and re-broadcasting. In exchange solely for this license, the badge holder, in accepting a badge: (i) releases Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc. from any liability for loss or damage to persons or property, infringement of any right, or any other claim or cause of action of any kind; (ii) authorizes and permits Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc. and its designees to use for any and all purposes his or her name, voice, and likeness and all reproduction thereof in any and all forms and in all media now or hereafter known in perpetuity; (iii) understands they are prevented from taking, recording, or creating film, or digital pictures, videos, tapes, sound recordings, or any other visual or auditory recreation of any kind whatsoever, of any WasabiCon guest, member, volunteer, or employee, or of any WasabiCon event, including but not limited any WasabiCon panel, seminar, session, dance, or performance, for any commercial use, or for the solicitation of funds for any commercial or other purpose, without the express written permission of Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc.; (iv) agrees to comply with all WasabiCon rules and regulations. This badge is non-refundable and will not be replaced. For additional information please contact us at (407) 536-9272 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.