One of the key focuses of WasabiCon since Year One has been to integrate our convention into the LOCAL fan community. As part of this initiative, we’re looking to bring on a staff artist for WasabiCon 2016 to help with the forthcoming ad campaign (launching in July).
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A *local* artist. This means you are based in Jacksonville/the Jacksonville, Florida region.
- The ability to produce artwork in a digital format for online and print use. You will also be designing the convention badge.
- The ability to communicate clearly via email.
- The ability to draw our mascot, Wasabizilla. You know… this guy:
What we’re offering:
- You will be listed as Featured Talent for WasabiCon 2016.
- We will provide a complimentary Artist Alley table for you at the event. (You will be able to sell prints based on the artwork your create for us and your other artwork, too!)
- In addition to your Featured Talent pass – we will provide you with two (2) additional complimentary Weekend Passes for your friends/family.
- A hotel room at our host hotel (The Lexington) checking in Friday and checking out Sunday. (Two  nights.)
HERE’S HOW TO GET YOUR NAME IN THE RUNNING:
- Draw a sketch of Wasabizilla so we can see how your style matches up to our character’s look.
- Email it to Contact@WasabiCon.com with the subject “WasabiCon Artist” with the following info:
– Your name
– Your artist website
– Your age
– Your zip code
We will select an artist before the end of June.
For reference, here are some Wasabizilla sketches
(You can request additional reference art via email.)
NOTE: Artist Alley spaces will go on Sale after the first weekend in July.