2017 Artist Tables
Artists and creators of original content are an important part of the fan convention experience and each year we’ve celebrated this fact by offering discounted space for local talent to sell their commissions, prints, and other handcrafted goods.
Each Artist Alley space comes with:
One (1) six foot OR eight foot table in the Artist Alley area (based on availability)
Two (2) chairs
One (1) weekend pass to the convention labeled “Artist”
PLEASE NOTE that our Artist Alley is juried. This means that we review all applications and a committees from the event operations staff chooses the artists who will be approved. WasabiCon does this in order to make sure a variety of art styles are made available to the attendees – thus avoiding creators all selling the same style/presentation. This also helps artists by making sure they artwork is presented as a unique part of the event!
Each space is $100 (plus Eventbrite fees). There is a limit of one (1) table per artist. This is due to floorplan logistics and to be fair to other artists.
Up to one (1) additional Artist Alley badges may be purchased (per space) at $25.
Power and Internet access are available. Please see Section V of the Artist Alley Application.
Artist Alley spaces are $100 each this year and must be purchased before OCTOBER 15, 2017.
Please read and fill out this entire document and please (PLEASE!) print clearly. You should note that your application is not considered complete until after your space is paid for in full. No exceptions!
If you have questions about anything on this form, please call us at (407) 536-9272 or you can email Art@WasabiCon.com.
DOWNLOAD THIS FORM TO GET STARTED
ARTIST ALLEY POLICIES
- All artists and their staff are responsible for adhering to the Convention Rules and Weapons Policy posted online at http://www.WasabiCon.com/policies
- The assignment of artist space will be solely at the discretion of Green Mustard Entertainment management. While we will do our best to accommodate every request, we cannot guarantee a specific space.
- Artist Alley packets containing badges and any other pertinent paperwork will be available for pickup before the event begins. See SECTION VI: Hours Of Operations in the Artist Alley Application & Agreement for the exact dates and times. Packets must be retrieved and badges worn before you will be allowed to set up your space. Packets will not be mailed in advance for any reason.
- Your Artist Alley space will be considered confirmed upon receipt of a signed contract with full payment. Partial payments and verbal agreements do not constitute a confirmed space or guarantee of any kind.
- Any cancellations must be received in writing no later than forty-five (45) days in advance of the show. A fee of $25.00 will be charged for any cancellations. Cancellations are not permitted after fourteen (14) calendar days before the start of the event and all fees (partial or complete) are non-refundable after that point. All refunds will be sent via U.S. Mail within forty-five (45) days after the conclusion of the event.
- Setup and breakdown times at the convention are strictly enforced. Your table should be open and available for business during the officially posted Artist Alley hours. Breakdown of your space should not begin before the Artist Alley closure time listed on your signed application.
- Bootleg merchandise (aka “grey market goods” – any/all unlicensed products and reproductions of any kind) including but not limited to weapons, costumes, accessories, and all products containing trademarked properties is not authorized for sale in any Green Mustard Entertainment Artist Alley.
- Artists agree that no weapon or adult material shall be purchased by or handled by any person below the legal age of 18. You are responsible for furnishing adequate information to Green Mustard Entertainment as to the proper removal of a weapon or adult material from the convention after purchase.
- Green Mustard Entertainment reserves the right to revoke or refuse any application or to deny access to and/or remove dealers from the event at any time.
- Green Mustard Entertainment is not responsible for losses due to theft, damage, fire, acts of nature, acts of God, or other causes.
- You are responsible for providing your own insurance, and neither Green Mustard Entertainment nor the hotel/convention center/event venue will be responsible for obtaining insurance for you, your company, or its employees.
- It is your responsibility to collect, report, and pay sales tax and/or fees according to federal, state, county and city regulations. Information and forms can be found online at http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/taxes/sales_tax.html
- Additional processing fees may apply if you pay for your Artist Alley space online (via Eventbrite).